The world's most advanced diagnostic battery optimizer, now with 5A charge current!.
- Saves neglected batteries other chargers can't
- Optimizes battery power and life
- 24/7 automatic storage control
- Early warning of battery problems
- AMPMATIC current control with cell equalization
OptiMate 6 ampmatic is the world`s most advanced and versatile battery charger, maintainer and tester. An all in one unit, which is stylish and robust in a weatherproof enclosure that includes wall mounts and cables rated down to -40 F/C, specifically for users in the water & snow markets.
Each time you connect the OptiMate 6 to a battery the microprocessor automatically diagnoses the condition and automatically chooses the best charge current & program. OptiMate 6 is able to correctly initialize & charge new sealed batteries where the user is adding the acid pack to the battery. Use on all lead-acid batteries (STS/AGM/MF/GEL) from 15Ah to 240Ah
This enhanced multi-stage version of the acclaimed OptiMate desulfation program will automatically save many "dead" batteries. The eco friendly program ensures low power consumption while keeping your battery maintained, fully charged and safe, month after month, prolonging it`s life by up to 400%.
OptiMate 6 Battery performance guaranteed!
An important attribute of the OptiMate 6 is, as with all OptiMates, the safe, optimal maintenance of your battery during long term storage, achieved by its gentle maintenance cycle which automatically allows the battery to rest for 30 minutes of each hour of the maintenance cycle while it remains connected.
The OptiMate has been recommended by more established global motorcycle manufacturers than all competitor products COMBINEDHow it works:
- Initialization: OptiMate 6 will only activate if the battery voltage measures at least 1.8V.
- Programming: the ampmatic processor checks the battery's condition to determine the appropriate charge program.
- Desulfation and recovery: if necessary, 2 or 3 stages of high voltage and oscillatory pulsing are applied to recover neglected, flat batteries (removed from the vehicle * ) from sulfation to a chargeable state.The voltage is limited to 16V if the micro processor detects the battery may be connected to vehicle circuitry.
- Bulk charge: the ampmatic processor actively adjusts charge current to match battery characteristics, achieving a complete charge in the shortest time.
- Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge acceptance is continuously monitored to detect internal damage and prevent unnecessary charging of a battery that cannot be recovered.
- Absorption and equalization: for 10 minutes the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 13.7 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalization and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
- Charge verification: the voltage is limited at 13.6V while the ampmatic processor monitors the current absorbed by the battery. If this reveals a less than optimal charge, the program reverts to absorption for a further 10 minutes.
- Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. A green (voltage > 12.7V) result extends the test up to 12 hours, to check for excessive self discharge (even a partly damaged battery may initially retain sufficient power, but lose power faster than normal there-after) or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle's electrical system.
- Charge maintenance: The MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30 minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with a 30 minute 'rest' (no charge current) periods.The voltage retention test & maintenance charge cycle will repeat 24 hours after the start of the very first test and continue to repeat for as long as the charger remains connected.
The alternating charge & 'rest' maintenance program provides the recommend maintenance voltage for AGM / GEL batteries whilst reducing the average voltage as required by STD filler cap batteries, making it ideal for indefinite & 100% safe long term maintenance charging of any type of 12V lead-acid battery.
*The OptiMate's high voltage desulfation mode cannot engage unless the battery is first disconnected from the vehicle's electrical system. However, even if the battery is not disconnected, the OptiMate cannot damage sensitive vehicle electronics as the higher voltage mode can only engage if minimal or zero current is flowing into the battery.
TecMate TM-181 OptiMATE 6 Ampmatic Diagnostic Desulphating Battery Charger & Tester
- Meets all relevant UL & CSA standards.
- Comprehensive selection of SAE connection accessories including an output extension set.
- 3 year limited warranty.