Locate short circuits, open connections, broken wires, current leaks and even trace wires:
Now with the FF310 you can do all these tasks quickly and easily spending only a fraction of the time and effort required when using conventional methods. In most cases, you will even be able to locate the problem area without having to untie harnesses, open conduits or remove panels.Multiple applications:
this professional tool will work on all kinds of circuits with voltages between 6 and 42 Volt DC, such as those found in automobiles, trucks, trailers, tractors, boats, RVs, etc... With its wide working voltage range, automatic open/short detection, flexible probe and adjustable sensitivity, the FF310 Faultfinder enables you, to troubleshoot a complete array of common problems, in a wide variety of vehicles.Simple to use:
it only requires connecting the transmitter in series with the circuit or wire under test, (i.e.: in place of a blown fuse, across a connector, in series with an open wire, a light bulb socket, etc.), and scanning the circuit/wire with the tracer's flexible probe to find the trouble spot.
Sheffield Research FF310 Short / Open Circuit Finder and Circuit Tracer
- 42 V Ready: for use in the new generation of vehicles with mixed or single 42 Volt systems.
- Operates on DC voltages from 6 to 42 volts.
- Internally protected against power surges and overloads.
- 8" flexible probe allows reaching wires in congested places.
- Transmitter and Receiver LEDs show open or short circuit conditions.
- Variable audio/visual signal provides fast and intuitive feedback on the circuit/wire proximity.
- Adjustable sensitivity for all tracing situations.
- No wire piercing required, non-contact technology!
- Tracing of wires is made possible even inside bundles, conduits, behind panels, under carpets, upholstery, etc.
- Transmitter has auto polarity and leads with 5 amps allegator clips.
- Performs short circuit tracing, open circuit tracing, wire identification, wire/Circuit tracing, ground connection checks.